Black quinoa, green lentils, cashews and sundried tomatoes combined together to make a fabulously delicious and flavourful vegetarian loaf that your whole family will love. Gluten free, hearty, filling, and loaded with protein, fiber and you won't even miss the meat.
Black Quinoa Loaf with Lentils, Sundried Tomatoes and Cashewsadapted from Taste
- Grease and line the base and two sides of a 25cm x 11cm loaf tin, allowing the paper to overhang on the two sides.
- Place the quinoa in a bowl, cover with cold water and set aside to soak for 15 minutes. Cook lentils in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes. Drain the quinoa, then add to lentils and cook for 15 minutes or until the lentils and quinoa are tender. Rinse and drain and set aside. Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, chilli and cashews and cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Add the tomato paste and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes, or until the onion is tender.
- Place the lentils and quinoa in a large bowl. Add the onion mixture, grated carrot, sundried tomatoes, fresh herbs, eggs and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine and press into the loaf tin.
- Arrange extra sundried tomatoes and cashews on top and bake for 40-45 minutes, (covering if browning too quickly) or until golden firm. Leave to cool in the tin. Cut into slices and serve with some yoghurt dressing on a bed of salad.