These coconut matcha popsicles, that happen to be gluten-free, dairy-freeand vegan, are a deliciously refreshing and delectable treat on a hot summer day. They are lightly sweetened with pure stevia extract powder and the combination of creamy coconut milk and antioxidant-packed matcha green tea powder tastes amazingly delicious. I was trying to make these sugar-free, but you can feel free to use maple syrup or sugar instead if stevia isn't your thing.
- In a glass pitcher, whisk together the coconut milk, matcha powder and stevia extract powderuntil well blended.
- Pour the mixture into moulds and freeze for at least 4 hours or until set. Release from the moulds and enjoy!
This raspberry vinegar recipe is fuss free and takes minutes to make, you only need to let the vinegar rest for 6 days before you strain and bottle it. Not only is this homemade raspberry vinegar beautiful, it is also inexpensive to make. And it makes a fantastic gift.
Raspberry vinegar can be used in a variety of salad dressings or sauces to add complexity, depth and fruity, delicious flavour. Tangy and sweet, this vinaigrette dressing can be made with fresh or frozen raspberries and enjoyed any time of the year.
|Raspberry Vinegar||Raspberry Vinaigrette|
- Combine all the ingredients of raspberry vinegar and divide in a large glass bottle. Close the bottles and leave them in a dark cool place for 6 days. Strain and store in the bottles with air-tight top.
- Place raspberry vinegar, chopped shallot, truffle mustard, honey and salt in the blender. Process until combined. Gradually blend in olive oil, and add in raspberries. Pulse to combine. Cover and chill. Whisk just before using.
Pastry Cream, a very versatile cream used to fill cakes, pastry shells or as a filling for those cute chocolate cups. It is quite simple to make at home, and can be easily flavoured many different ways including chocolate, coffee, with liqueurs, lemon or any extracts, although vanilla remains the most common.
- In a saucepan, heat the whole milk, vanilla bean and seeds over medium heat until simmering.
- Combine the cornstarch, stevia extract powder, salt and egg yolks. Once the milk has come to a simmer, remove the vanilla bean and add 1/3 of the milk into the egg mixture and whisk until combined and smooth.
- Now return it to the saucepan and cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Whisk it constantly for 3-5 minutes until thick. Remove from the heat and add in orange liqueur if using and white chocolate chunks. Whisk until smooth. Press a plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pastry cream to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until well chilled. Fill the chocolate cups with the pastry cream and garnish with berries and lemon balm leaves.
These delicate buttery wholegrain cookies, made with ground green spelt berries, black quinoa, butter and egg, sweetened with pure stevia extract, are delicious plain, dipped in dark chocolate, or sandwiched with flavoured cream.
Freekeh (also known as Grünkern in Germany) is roasted green spelt berries. The spelt is harvested when it is still young and green. It is then slow roasted over coals in the hulls, and is then de-hulled resulting in a beautiful green spelt berry.
Freekeh Black Quinoa Cookiesadapted from Eat Smarter
- Combine together the ground green spelt, black quinoa, stevia extract powder and pinch of salt. Add in cubed butter and rub into flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs, then, using your hands, add in egg to bring it together.
- With your hands, flatten out the ball of dough until it is about 2cm thick, then wrap it in cling film and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Roll out the dough between two parchment sheets until about 3 mm thick. Cut out cookies with cookie cutters and place on a baking tray lined with parchment. Bake for about 10 minutes. Let cool on the tray for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
This fresh, colourful summer salad with a vibrant fruity vinaigrette is quick and easy, and the perfect way to enjoy all the produce that's in season now. Antioxidant-rich goji berries add a note of exotic sweetness to this light summery salad. If goji berries aren't your thing, you can always swap them out for dried cranberries or cherries.
|Poppy Peach Vinaigrette||Salad|
- To prepare the dressing. Peel and pit the peaches. Cut the peaches into chunks and place in a blender with the white balsamic, truffle mustard, salt and olive oil. Whirl until smooth. Stir in poppy seeds.
- Pile the mixed salad leaves, cherry radishes and peaches on two serving plates. Scatter the goji berries over. Drizzle the salad with dressing and toss gently to coat.
There's nothing like a cold and healthy popsicle to cool you down on scorching hot summer days. These creamy icy treats, featuring ripe banana, peanut butter and coconut water, will satisfy your craving for something frosty without adding on extra pounds, esp. if you adore the combination of peanut butter and banana.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, and process until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 8 moulds and place a stick in the middle of each mould, and freeze for at least 6 hours, or until firm.
Made with bananas (both fresh and dehydrated), whey isolate, and egg whites, this king of quick bread is packed with the protein and deliciousness of whole grain flour milled fresh from einkorn wheat berries. You can also bake this bread with other whole grain flour, for example, kamut, emmer or spelt.
Einkorn (from German Einkorn, literally "single grain") is considered to be the oldest form of cultivated wheat, dating back over 10,000 years, and completely unhybridized.
This glorious ancient grain is unique in flavour and nutritional benefits. Baked goods made with einkorn have a nice yellowish colour, which is due to its high content of lutein, a yellow pigment that has been associated with eye health and beta-carotene, an antioxidant that plays an essential role in bone growth, skin health and strengthening the immune system.
Einkorn, while not gluten-free, produces a natural gluten that is considered “gluten-safe” for some people with gluten sensitivity.
Einkorn Protein Banana Breadadapted from Muscle Food
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a 25-30cm loaf pan with parchment.
- Sieve freshly ground einkorn flour, protein isolate, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt.
- Stir together the mashed bananas, egg whites and water in another bowl, then pour into the dry mixture.
- Mix well and pour into the prepared loaf pan. Lightly press some dehydrated banana chips into the batter. Bake in the middle of hot oven for about 50 minutes. Insert a skewer into the centre, if it comes out clean, the bread is ready.