This moist, naturally gluten-free cake is delicious and rich even without its white chocolate glaze. The cake does not rise very high when it's baked in a 10-inch pan. It can be baked it in a 7-inch springform pan for about 80 minutes. Though similar in texture to a flourless chocolate cake, the use of ground poppy seeds makes this torte wonderfully different and irresistible.
Evelyne, thank you once again for this awesome pistachio syrup!
Double Chocolate Poppy Pistachio Torteinspired by this
|Poppy Torte||Chocolate Glaze|
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease and flour an 10-inch springform pan.
- Put chopped semisweet chocolate in a heatproof bowl that fits snugly over a pot of barely simmering water. Stir occasionally until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove it from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter until light and pale. Gradually beat in 120 grams of pistachio syrup. Add in egg yolks and continue to beat until well combined.
- Add in the ground poppy seeds and melted chocolate and mix until incorporated. Beat the whites with a pinch of salt until firm peaks, and gently fold into the chocolate mixture in thirds, and transfer to the prepared springform pan.
- Bake for about 55 minutes until cake tests done in center. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Remove springform sides, and cool completely.
- In a bowl set over simmering water, stir chopped white chocolate and coconut oil just until the chocolate is almost melted, remove from bowl from heat and continue to stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Let cool to the room temperature.
- Brush the surface of cake with the rest of pistachio syrup, then pour the white chocolate over the top of the torte. Garnish with chopped pistachio nuts.