A really simple pasta dish with crunchy bitter radicchio, that’s balanced by the rich, earthy taste of roasted hazelnuts and luscious, fresh cream. Some chopped roasted nuts would be a nice addition sprinkled on top. Serve with some garlic bread for a complete meal.
Reginette with Radicchio and Hazelnut Cream SauceInspire by Robyn Cooks and All Recipes
- 100 g Reginette
- 1 Radicchio, rinsed and sliced
- 40 g Ground hazelnuts, toasted
- 30 g Butter
- 120 ml Low-fat cream
- 1 tsp Brandy
- Salt and freshly mulled black pepper
- Cook the reginette in in a large saucepan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente, about 9 minutes.
- In the meantime, toast the ground hazelnut in a small skillet over medium-high heat for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly. Lower heat, then add the butter, stir until melted, then add the cream and brandy. Stir to combine, and cook until thickened, 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, pile some radicchio into the bottom of a rimmed soup bowl, then top with reginette. Spoon the sauce over the top. Serve immediately.