This simple, refreshing salad features the fragrant, and slightly sweet fennel, fresh and juicy orange, crunchy Romaine lettuce and carrot. Make it as a side salad, or enjoy it as a light lunch with some homemade bread.
- 1 heart Romaine lettuce leaves
- Oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 Fennel bulb, trimmed and sliced
- 1 handful Carrot strips
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp White wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse, dry, and tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Remove the peel and pith from the oranges. Cut the orangees into slices.
- In a large bowl, place the lettuce pieces, carrot strips, sliced fennel and oranges. Drizzle with olive oil and white wine vinegar. Taste with salt and black pepper. Gently toss and serve.