A simply elegant seafood treat of tender and succulent scallops served with sweet and spicy ginger carrot sauce. This is so good that you might want to lick your plate clean to savour every little bit of the flavour and goodness!
- 5 Scallops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Butter
- 3-inch Ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 Large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Water
- 250 ml Carrot honey juice©angiesrecipes
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Water
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle them with a bit of salt and black pepper. To make the ginger juice by peeling and grating the ginger and squeezing out the ginger juice from the grated pieces into a small bowl.
- Peel and thinly slice the carrot. Place them in a microwave-safe bowl with a tablespoon of water and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Remove and add in the carrot honey juice, ginger juice and mustard sauce. Puree the mixture with a handheld blender. Transfer the puree into a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Mix the cornstarch with water and add to the sauce, stirring quickly to thicken.
- At the same time, melt the butter in a skillet. Add the scallops and sear on each side for 3-4 minutes until nicely browned. Spoon the sauce in a serving dish, and place the seared scallops in the center. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Thank you, Joy at Joy's Misadventures, for giving me this Versatile Award!