I simply love this colourful conchiglie-sea shells pasta dish. The creamy black peppery peanut sauce naturally fills the shells while you are tossing them all together and coarsely cracked black peppers gives off a warm and spicy flavor and adds a depth to any dish. To give the whole pasta dish a little extra kick of fresh flavour, you might also sprinkle some fresh chopped basil leaves on the pasta.
- 80 g Black peppered peanuts
- 1 Ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 80 ml Water
- 150 g Coloured conchiglie
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black peppercorns, coarsly cracked
- Some basil leaves, chopped
- Place peppery peanuts, tomato, tomato paste and water In the container of your blender. Process until it becomes smooth.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the conchiglie according to the packet. When pasta is cooked, drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and stir-fry the minced garlic until aromatic. Pour the peanut puree into the pan and bring it to a boil. Season with salt and coarsely cracked black pepper. Add in the drained conchiglie and chopped basil leaves. Toss together.