A really simple and refreshing tomato cucumber summer salad with and a light citrus dressing and fresh parsley.
I am sending this dish to Reeni' Side Dish Showdown-Anything Goes.
- 250 g Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150 g Cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1-2 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Fresh parley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add in the chopped shallot and sliced garlic. Stir-fry for over medium heat until lightly golden. Remove from the heat and stir in lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and the cucumber to 1cm dices. Transfer them into a salad bowl. Pour in the dressing and parsley. Toss gently and chill for an hour before serving.