Do they look like the sea shells on the beach?
|Water Dough||Oil Dough||Filling|
- To prepare water dough: Mix well all ingredients and lightly knead for about 2 minutes until a non-sticky dough is formed. Leave the dough aside 15 minutes and go on to prepare oil dough.
- To prepare oil dough: Mix both ingredients together. Do not knead this dough. Divide water and oil dough each into 3 portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out a water dough. Wrap an oil dough with this water dough to form a ball. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to an oval shape. Roll the dough out and turn the dough by 90 degree to get a vertical position. Lightly flatten the dough and roll out to an oval shape again. Roll up and repeat this step for one more time. Work gently to avoid rolling the oil dough inside out or the pastry won't be flaky and layered.
- Gently pressing two ends of the dough to shorten it, and divide it into 4 portions. Place the cut side down, and flatten with palm of hand and roll out with rolling pin into a 3-inch round.
- Place one teaspoon of filling in the middle of the dough and then wrap up. Place them on the baking tray and bake at preheated oven 180C/350F for 18-20 minutes.