Search Angie's Recipes


Keto Vintage Cheddar Chanterelle Tart


© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


This savoury tart combines earthy, golden chanterelle mushrooms with a keto pork rind pastry crust and a sharp, nutty, and complex vintage Cheddar. You can of course substitute it with Västerbotten or Gruyère or use a mixture of all of them. If you don’t follow keto diet, then a homemade buttery pastry crust would be perfect for the recipe too. Use other wild mushrooms for the topping if chanterelle ain’t available.

 
  1. Lightly butter a 22cm / 9inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Prepare the keto pork rind crust and press into the sides and the bottom of the prepared tart pan. Chill for 30 minutes.
  2. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line the pastry case with crumpled baking paper and fill with pastry weights or some dried beans. Blind bake for 15 minutes, then take out the beans and paper and cook for another 5 minutes or until the pastry looks dry and golden.
  3. For filling, beat eggs, crème fraîche, salt and black pepper until smooth. Stir in cheese. Pour into pie case, top with thinly sliced onion and bake for 25-30 minutes until the mixture is set but still a little wobbly in the centre. Set aside to cool.
  4. For the topping, heat the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Once butter is foaming, add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through. Cool slightly, then scatter the tart with chanterelles and chopped parsley to serve.

© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




26 comments:

eileeninmd 28/9/26 12:32

Hello Angie,
Another delicious recipe, thanks for sharing.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 28/9/26 12:46

More and more we are eliminating meat from our diet so this would be perfect, Angie.

[Reply]
Anonymous 28/9/26 12:48

Delicious-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

[Reply]
Céline 28/9/26 12:49

Such a lovely quiche! I wasn't familiar with keto crust at all, and I'm not sure if I'll find dried pork in France, but I'll definitely look for it because I really want to try your recipe. Thank you, have a great day!

[Reply]
Tom 28/9/26 13:36

...a beautiful and delicious treat this is!

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 28/9/26 15:08

I love a good tart. These one looks beautiful with all the chanterelles on top. And tasty too.I hope all has been well with you while I've been gone.

[Reply]
Lori 28/9/26 15:27

As soon as it cools a bit, I have to try this. It looks and sounds amazing.
Have a wonderful week Angie!

[Reply]
DEZMOND 28/9/26 15:56

Sound like a purfect Autumn meal with them fragrant shrooms!

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 28/9/26 16:07

Las quiches me encantan, lo que no les pongo es nata porque no me va bien, la sustituyó por queso cottage o yogur natural, pero hoy me comería esta sin ningún problema.

[Reply]
Anne in the kitchen 28/9/26 16:43

Bookmarking! This is going to be something I make before too long!

[Reply]
Laura. M 28/9/26 16:45

Rica para este otoño. Gracias.

Angie. Take the chestnuts and put them in the cupboards.
Un abrazo.

[Reply]
David Scott Allen 28/9/26 18:45

Chanterelles are a big favorite of mine@ I would never have thought to use cheddar with chanterelles -- I would probably use a milder cheese. I am going to make this!

[Reply]
Diana 28/9/26 20:03

Chanterelles are everywhere at the markets here right now, the Italians call them finferli. I usually just toss them with pasta, but tucked into a cheesy tart they sound even better. Saving this one for the weekend!

[Reply]
Lowcarb team member 28/9/26 23:43

I would enjoy a slice :)
Delicious recipe.

All the best Jan

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 29/9/26 01:10

Boy, that sure does look good!

[Reply]
J.P. Alexander 29/9/26 01:39

Gracias por la receta. Buena semana. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
☞ Um Dedo de Prosa — Com Jéssica 29/9/26 03:29

Você está nos apresentando mais uma receita deliciosa.
Saúde a você — Drª. Jéssica Mayra

[Reply]
Garfield 29/9/26 05:01

É melhor você fazer mais, porque eu cheguei com fome e não vai sobrar nada para mais ninguém. rsrsrsrs

Nova Tirinha Publicada. 😼

Abraços 🐾 Garfield Tirinhas Oficial.

[Reply]
DeniseinVA 29/9/26 08:14

Love the look and sound of this. Thanks Angie :)

[Reply]
Tandy | Lavender and Lime https://tandysinclair.com 29/9/26 08:50

This looks so good! And makes me want to head straight back to France for the mushrooms :)

[Reply]
Margaret D 29/9/26 12:35

That does look delicious, Angie.

[Reply]
DVArtist 29/9/26 15:29

Ohhh Angie, this looks so good. Thank you for the recipe.

[Reply]
MELODY JACOB 29/9/26 16:39

That idea of using a pork rind base for a savory crust is brilliant, especially paired with sharp vintage cheddar. Sautéing the chanterelles in foaming butter and scattering them on top at the end keeps their earthy flavor so crisp and fresh.

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top