Search Angie's Recipes


Chicken Liver Salad with Arugula, Pomegranate and Figs

Labels: { , , , }

© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


Rich chicken livers are a perfect match with bitter, peppery arugula, sweet earthy figs (or refreshingly tangy grapefruit) in this warm, nutritious salad with a sweet pomegranate dressing. It’s easy to make, delicious and so versatile. Feel free to add some boiled green beans, sliced mushrooms, onions or fennel to make the salad even more interesting and fun to eat. For extra crunch and texture, sprinkle some toasted nuts over.
Chicken liver, aka "nature's multivitamin" is an exceptionally healthy, one of the most nutrient-dense superfood available.
Pomegranate molasses (available on Amazon or middle eastern grocery stores) is reduced pomegranate juice that’s dark, intensely tart, fruity with subtle sweetness. A little bit of pomegranate molasses goes a long way for the dressing. When buying pomegrante molasses, make sure you get the one made from 100% pomegranate.

 
  • A few fresh figs, halved (or 1 Grapefruit)
  • 70 g Arugula
  • 1 Pomegranate, halved
  • 2 tbsp Pomegranate molasses
  • 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
  • 40 g Unsalted butter
  • 500 g Chicken livers, cleaned, trimmed
  • Sea salt
  • Freshl milled black pepper
  1. Half or quarter the figs. If using grapefruit, peel, removing any white pith, then cut the flesh into segments over a bowl to catch the juice. Place figs or grapefruit segments in another large bowl with the arugula. Using the sharp tip of a knife, remove the pomegranate seeds and add to the salad.
  2. Add pomegranate molasses and oil to the juice bowl and whisk to combine. Season to taste.
  3. Melt butter in a non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Season livers and cook for 1-2 minutes each side until browned but still pink in the centre. Toss with salad and pomegranate dressing, then serve.

© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




27 comments:

Judee 30/9/26 12:08

Hi Angie, I've been seeing a lot of recipes that include arugula and fresh figs. This recipe is very different and interesting.

[Reply]
Tom 30/9/26 13:48

But perhaps chicken livers aren't a good match for me.

[Reply]
David M. Gascoigne, 30/9/26 14:38

Chicken livers are highly underrated.

[Reply]
DEZMOND 30/9/26 15:41

I wish we had figs here like you have them constantly over there!

[Reply]
Bill 30/9/26 16:47

Not a fan of liver or arugula so I'll pass on this.

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 30/9/26 16:47

Me gusta mucho la ensalada, todos los ingredientes son riquísimos y juntos forman una combinación exquisita.

[Reply]
🇺🇸Baking with Nessa🇺🇸 30/9/26 17:46

The colors and flavors of your salad are perfect for early autumn days where fresh figs are at their prime. My Dad always loved chicken liver (a French favorite, I guess), he would have loved it. ~Nessa

[Reply]
eileeninmd 30/9/26 19:11

Looks like another delicious recipe Angie.
Take care, enjoy your day!

[Reply]
Linda's Relaxing Lair 30/9/26 22:06

I do love chicken livers! Thank you for sharing this, Angie.

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 30/9/26 23:41

I like chicken liver salad. The way you prepare it looks great.

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 1/10/26 00:04

I'm not a liver lover, but this looks like something I'd want to try.

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 1/10/26 00:25

Yum! It's been ages since I've had anything with chicken livers!

[Reply]
roentare 1/10/26 00:28

This would be so good to have while watching footie

[Reply]
DeniseinVA 1/10/26 00:53

I love your plates, as well as your dishes Angie.

[Reply]
DVArtist 1/10/26 01:12

Decades ago we were able to purchase chicken livers and other organ meat. But they no longer sell it here. This looks very good.

[Reply]
J.P. Alexander 1/10/26 01:47

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 1/10/26 06:03

Liber salad would not be the first thing I ordered, but you make it look good.

[Reply]
Veronica Lee 1/10/26 07:18

Chicken livers aren’t really for me, so I’ll skip this one.

[Reply]
EricaSta 1/10/26 08:02

It looks very delicious. Must try with the figs! Thank you for sharing your recipe.
Greetings by Heidrun

[Reply]
Margaret D 1/10/26 08:25

Looks very good Angie. Haven't had chicken livers since my mum cooked them all those years ago.

[Reply]
Sherry's Pickings 1/10/26 08:53

I am so glad we call it rocket here rather than arugula. I can never say that word :=) Anyway this looks good Angie :)

[Reply]
Tandy | Lavender and Lime https://tandysinclair.com 1/10/26 09:04

I cannot imagine what this tastes like! We eat a lot of chicken livers, but I have never tried them with fruit, in a salad :)

[Reply]
Happy Retiree's Kitchen 1/10/26 09:18

I HAVEN'T EATEN CHICKEN LIVERS FOR SO LONG, THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE. YOUR RECIPE LOOKS DELICOUS ANGIE

[Reply]
Natalie Leung 1/10/26 15:15

I love liver, never knew it can be paired with fig. It sounds delicious!!

[Reply]
Diana 1/10/26 18:02

The pomegranate molasses dressing is what makes this for me, the sharp and sweet against the rich livers sounds so good. Figs and pomegranates are everywhere in Sicily right now, so I could make this without leaving the village. Livers still a bit pink in the middle is how I like them too.

[Reply]
Maminek kulinarny 1/10/26 18:34

A delicious idea!
Warm regards!

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top