© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
These smoky wings have a delicious balance of sweet and savoury with a hint of chilli, making them a great party food or the ideal meal with a salad or coleslaw for family or friends. Chicken wings without the bony tips are best for this dish. You’ll need to marinate this dish for at least 2 hours before cooking. I usually left mine overnight.
Smoky Texan Chicken Wings
adapted from
BBC Food
| | |
- 10 Chicken wings, tips removed
- Sea salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 tbsp Light muscovado sugar (or honey)
- 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (or ½ tsp cayenne pepper)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Finely chopped parsley or chives, to garnish (optional)
|
- Put the chicken wings in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Put the remaining ingredients in another bowl and mix.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and toss to coat. Cover with cling film and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from the fridge and allow them to come back to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 220C/430F or heat up the barbecue. If you are using a barbecue, allow the flames to flare up and die down until the coals are just glowing before you start to cook the chicken.
- If cooking in the oven, transfer the chicken and marinade into a roasting tin in a single layer. Roast or barbecue for about 30 minutes, turning once halfway through, or until cooked through and a deep golden-brown.
- Garnish with chopped herb if using and serve hot or cold with coleslaw or salad.
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
9 comments:
...I love wings and these look fabulous.
I love Mary Berry and cannot believe she is like 90 or over!
I've made these for my husband and he loves them. I'm not much of a wing fan.
yummy
The wings look delicious Angie, thanks for sharing.
Take care, enjoy your day!
Marinating those wings overnight creates unbelievable smoky depth. I completely adore throwing chicken on a hot barbecue during warm summer evenings, pairing every bite with ultra-crunchy coleslaw. That sweet chili kick brings serious excitement to backyard cookouts. I want some...looks so good.
Beautiful presentations, dear Angie! This looks sensational!!!
Hmmmm looks so good. I really would like that salad too.
Those sound so good, love all those spices!
As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!