© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
These soft, fluffy and slightly sweet rosette patterned braided buns are surprisingly easy and fun to make. They require a soft, enriched dough, such as challah or tangzhong bread, and are great for breakfast or afternoon snack. I made these plain with a sprinkle of streusel. If desired, you can fill the individual dough portion with nutella, nut butter or homemade jam to make them even more lusicious.
| Dough | Streusel |
- 220 ml Water, lukewarm
- 45 g Sugar
- 7 g Dry yeast
- 500 g White spelt flour (German Dinkel #630)
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla powder
- 1 tsp Fine sea salt
- 1 Medium egg
- 60 g Butter, softened
- 1 Small egg, lightly beaten for glaze
|
- 40 g Plain flour
- 30 g Butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- A pinch of cardamom
- A pinch of cinnamon
|
- For the streusel, combine everything together in a bowl. Chill in the fridge until ready to use. You can make this a day ahead.
- In a jug, add the lukewarm water, sugar and dry yeast. Set aside undisturbed for 15 minutes.
In the bowl of your mixer , add the flour, salt and mix well. Add the yeast mixture and egg. Mix at slow speed until the dough comes together. Gradually add in butter and and knead until the dough has become smooth and elastic.
- Turn out the dough and shape into a ball. Lightly grease the mixing bowl and return the dough to the bowl. Cover and proof until it has doubled in size, 1-2 hours.
- After the dough has doubled in size, deflate and divide it into 8 even portions. Shape each portion of dough into a 50-55 cm rope. Roll ¾ of the rope into a thin strip. Half the strip, braid and roll it up. Cut the remaining ¼ of the rope into half, braid together, roll it up and tuck under for a clean base. Place the dough in a parchment lined baking tray. Repeat with the remaining dough portions. Cover and proof for 45 minutes until puffy.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F. Brush the bread with the egg glaze and top with streusel. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
18 comments:
They are beautiful! I am putting these on my list for fall.
...Angie, they look like works of art!
I love yeast pastries in every form.
Your twisted buns look incredibly appetizing and beautiful!
Oh, them buns are so pretty and cute and moist and soft and fragrant, very sexy indeed. I think I would prefer streusel inside not outside, though. It is 50C right now under the sun here, so there is no baking in this part of the hell any time soon.... I had to wake up at 6AM this morning just to bake my morning oat bread bars before the sun hits us and I had to do it in our basement LOOOL
Those are very pretty and they sure look delicious!
They look fantastic.
Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.
Oh my, what beautiful buns!
yummy
These are beautiful and look really tasty. I need to find white spelt flour too. I've never seen it in stores here. Happy new week Angie.
I might have to bake this weekend just to try your shaping!
I wish I had one of these buns right now, they look delicious!
ANGIE: Deliciosos!
Qué buena fortuna saber cocinar a este nivel.
Me deleitó con tan solo conocer tus propuestas culinarias.
En mi recuerdo siempre aunque esté con poca presencia.
Un abrazo. Grace.
These look so grand, Angie.
They look delicious, Angie. Apple butter is a bit of a specialty here, made by many of the Mennonite farmers and I think it would really go well with these buns.
The buns look pretty and delicious. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Deliciosos tienen que estar. Gracias
Buena semana.
Un abrazo.
These are beautiful -- cinnamon and cardamom are such a great combination. I also really appreciate the visual tutorial of how these come together!
As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!