© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
This creamy turmeric chicken recipe is so full of flavour, packed with warm spices and so easy to make in your skillet. Coming together in just 30 minutes, perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. I used boneless whole chicken legs for the recipe, if you are using bone-in chicken thighs or drumsticks, then they will need a longer cook time, so adjust accordingly.
| | |
- 4 Chicken legs, boneless (or 8 chicken thighs)
- Sea salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Ginger powder
- 2 tbsp Chicken schmaltz
- 1 Large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 125 ml Dry white wine
- 125 ml Chicken stock
- 150 ml Heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
|
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, turmeric powder and ginger powder. Melt schmaltz in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken legs, two at a time, skin-side down in the skillet and cook until they are brown, 5 minutes, flip the chicken and cook for 4-5 more minutes. Remove and place them on a plate.
- Lower the heat to medium. Add in sliced onions and minced turmeric. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and use a wooden spoon to scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook for 1 minute, pour in the chicken stock and cream, and stir gently to combine.
- Return the chicken legs to the pan. Spoon the sauce onto the chicken. Cover and cook until the chicken is tender and cooked through, and registers at least 75C/165F on an instant-read thermometer, 15-18 minutes. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
20 comments:
Looks delicious - and turmeric is good for you, too.
Looks yummy Angie, another delicious recipe.
Take care, have a great day and happy week ahead.
Looks good and another lovely chicken recipe.
...another chicken treat!
Delicious!-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
This also looks delicious. I really need to go eat at your house for dinner sometime. :) You always have such delicious looking food.
Such a gorgeous dish and it sounds amazing.
Wishing you a creative new week in the kitchen! I will be making some mousaka tomorrow and then rice stuffed hokkaido sometime towards the end of the week as they have appeared at the green market.
This is a very interesting recipe too. I have to try the turmeric.
I know turnmeric is good for you but I am not fond of the flavour on its own, I can tolerate it in a curry but not full-on, sorry. It does look very beautiful though.
This so so appealing for its color and flavor! Adding this to my long list of your recipes to make asap!
This looks absolutely delicious Angie! Geez I have not had Chicken schmaltz in a very long time! Do you have any equal replacement, if not I'll have to but some next time I'm at the grocery shop. ~Nessa
hmmmm this looks very good. To answer one of your comments about meat and fat. It's not that we don't like them, it's that my husband lost a kidney to cancer and the other kidney is in in stage 4 CKD. So we can't eat high protein and fat. I always enjoy your recipes.
Mmmmm delicious!
Looks delicious!
This chicken looks gorgeous Angie!
Creamy sure does look good!
Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.
Angie, the fat you use is popular in Jewish cuisine, it is used by Jews from the northwest and east of Europe for whom kashrut (the precepts of the Jewish religion) prohibited eating fried foods in butter or lard. Turmeric is beneficial for health as it has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and analgesic effects. We should get used to consuming it.
A hug
ANGIE: Muy rica receta Angie! Me gusta mucho comer pollo en sus diversas variantes. Ésta la haré seguro. Muchas gracias!
En mi recuerdo siempre; de corazón!
Un abrazo.
As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!