© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
These Middle Eastern inspired lamb burgers are juicy, delicious and full of complex flavours.
If you don’t have baharat or za'atar, then use a teaspoon of cumin, ½ teaspoon of each cardamon and cinnamon instead. Cook lamb patties to the rare or medium-rare so they will remain moist. Burger patties, pickled onions, pesto and mayo can be made the day before and kept covered in the fridge.
| Lamb Burger | Pickled Red Onions |
- 500 g Lamb mince
- 50 g Dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Harissa
- 2/3 tbsp Baharat or za'atar
- Sea salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Tallow for cooking
- 4 Burger buns
- Handful salad leaves
- Extra chopped pistachios
|
- 1 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 240 ml Apple cider vinegar
- 30 g Raw sugar
- 2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Wholegrain mustard
|
| Tahini Mayonnaise | Pesto |
- 100 g Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Tahini
|
- 50 g Pistachios, toasted
- 30 g Parmesan, grated
- 1 Large garlic clove
- 10 g Mint, leaves picked
- 70 ml Extra virgin olive oil
|
- For the pickled onions, peel and slice the onion and set aside. Add the vinegar, sugar, salt and mustard to a clean glass jar, screw on the lid and shake well to dissolve the sugar and salt. Add the sliced onions and give it a good mix. Chill for at least an hour before using. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- For the burgers, put the lamb mince in a bowl with the dried apricots, harissa, baharat, salt and pepper. Mix to combine and shape into 4 patties. Transfer to a plate, cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- For the pistachio pesto, put all ingredients in a mini food processor and blitz to a sauce, leaving a bit of texture in nuts.
- Remove the burger patties from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature. Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise and tahini together.
- Heat a large frying or griddle pan over a medium heat. Melt a little tallow and fry the patties for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked through. Remove and cover with foil while you toast the buns in the lamb fat in the pan.
- Spread the burger bun bases with tahini mayo and add a few spinach leaves. Top with a burger, 1 tablespoon of pistachio pesto, sprinkles of extra chopped pistachios and some of the pickled onions. Top with the bun lid and enjoy!
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
15 comments:
...what a tasty looking presentation.
Cannot believe you would eat poor little lambs! The green pistachio pesto looks interesting!
Looks like a delicious burger Angie, thanks for sharing. Take care, have a wonderful day!
Another fabulous dish! I love lamb burgers, but you really included some unique ingredients! Love it all together.
They look and sound so flavorful & delicious.
A delicious idea!
Golden-brown, glossy buns and a rich, tasty filling guarantee a real feast.
Thanks for the useful recipe for pickled onions!
Warm regards :)
I love lamb burgers and we actually had them last night. I made basil pesto with pistachios over the weekend, and it is really good. Next time I will be sure and add some to the lamb burger.
I just love all the flavours within this burger recipe. It's definitely burger season here in Canada, our BBQ is on most nights. We used to have a French restaurant in Toronto that made the absolute best lamb burger ever! Then shortly after Covid, they sold to the CEO of a large chain and he ruined it! I was able to reach out to the chef who was there when it was authentic and she sent me the recipe! Mind you, I had to scale it down from 60 burgers (hahahaha)
Looks nice but I would substitute the lamb. Never liked it as a kid or now.
That really has to be seriously good!
I have family members who would greatly enjoy this recipe ... I must keep it in mind!
All the best Jan
Sounds dellicious
Looks so good. I'm going to try making these recipes one of these days. Bookmarking this.
Every part of that sounds fantastic
I would devour this with pleasure!
As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!