© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
Combine bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, bacon and vegetables for a creamy bake that's completely gluten-free and keto-friendly. Celery leaves are packed with flavour and are a fantastic, zero-waste addition to the chicken bake. Alternatively you can use radish leaves or other greens. It’s easy, full of flavour and makes a perfect weeknight meal.
| | |
- 3 tbsp Chicken schmaltz
- 1 Small cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small florets
- 125 g Bacon, cut into batons
- 1 bunch Celery leaves
- 125 ml Heavy cream
- 2 tsp Fresh thyme leaves
- 6 Small chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- 70 g A mix of aged Cheddar and Parmesan
- 1 tbsp Chopped parsley, to garnish
|
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F. Lightly grease a 22-24cm ovenproof baking dish.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of chicken schmaltz in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the cauliflower and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until light golden.
- Add the celery leaves to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until wilted. Remove from heat and add the cream and thyme. Stir to combine. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Wipe the pan clean and add in remaining 1 tablespoon of chicken schmaltz. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until golden. Place chicken thighs on top of the cauliflower mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheese over. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Garnish with chopped parsley.
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
27 comments:
Happy Sunday lunch! We are back to hell today, after two weeks of spring weather and very cold nachts, we are close to 40C again today, I ain't going out today!
Chicken is wonderful lunch! Good Sunday dear!
Delicious!-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
Another marvelous dish, thank you Angie :)
...chicken and cauliflower, I love them both!
What a wonderful recipe you've shared.
Chicken is a favourite here, as well as being nutritious it's also reasonably priced.
All the best Jan
You the the Chicken Magician, all your chicken dishes look so good!
This must have been delicious!
I love cauliflower and i love chicken so yay! Sounds great.
sherry
I think you could make anything sound appetizing.
That looks very nice, Angie.
This looks delicious.
This appeals to me in a major way.
Hello Angie,
Looks like a yummy meal, thanks for sharing.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
This is beautifully made, such a yummy meal. I would definitely enjoy this. I love cauliflower, although some think it is tasteless but it will taste great with cheese.
A recipe for my family! It has everything we love, and it’s presented so beautifully that it really enhances the flavor. :)
The plate is lovely!
Have a great week:)
Es una estupenda receta para los que nos gusta el pollo y la coliflor. Gracias.
Buena semana.
Un abrazo.
Sounds good and I love both.
I so want to come eat at your place. This looks so good.
Using chicken schmaltz for this must make it taste incredible. Love the zero-waste tip with the celery leaves.
Chicken and cauliflower really make a great combo.
This looks so comforting, Angie! I love creamy cauliflower bakes, and the chicken makes it a complete meal.
Yes for one dish meal chicken + cauliflower, absolute yes yes for zero waste using celery leaves (or radish leaves) for that matter....
Beautifully prepared, this meal is sure to be enjoyed. 😋
Wow! Bardzo apetyczne danie. Też szukam patentów, aby maksymalnie wykorzystać składniki, tak jak Ty liście z kalafiora. Ja jakiś czas temu zrobiłam z nich zupę krem.
Bardzo podoba mi się talerz na którym serwujesz obiad, uwielbiam takie skorupki.
Gorące uściski 😘
Nice Sunday roast idea for summertime.
This does look amazing. Chicken thighs were never my favorite piece of chicken but lately I've tried them so many different ways, I'm really starting to enjoy them.
As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!