Monday, September 14, 2026

Chanterelle Scrambled Eggs


© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


Turn an ordinary scrambled egg meal into a gourmet feast with one of the most versatile and delicious wild mushrooms-chanterelles. I dry cleaned the chanteerelles with paper towels, but if prefer water, just make sure do it quickly rather than soaking them so they do not get soggy. And dry them off with a clean towel. Pre-salt the egg mixture 5-10 minutes before cooking changes the structure of proteins, making the scarmbled eggs much more tender.

 
  • 200 g Chanterelles
  • 1 Shallot, peeled and finely chopped
  • 4 Large eggs
  • 1 tbsp Heavy cream
  • Sea salt
  • Black pepper, freshly milled
  • 1 tbsp Unsalted butter
  • 1 tbsp Fresh herbs, chopped (parsley, chives or carrot greens)
  • Pink pepper, crushed (optional)
  1. Clean the chanterelles with a paper towel or a mushroom brush. Wipe off any dirt and grime thoroughly. Cut the larger mushrooms into smaller pieces. Leave the smaller ones whole.
  2. Peel the shallot and finely chop it. Set aside. Whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a bowl until combined. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
  3. Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the chopped shallot and fry for a couple of minutes until aromatic. Add in the prepared chanterelles and fry for 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until excess liquid evaporates and mushrooms start to sizzle.
  4. Lower the heat to medium-low. Pour in the egg and cook for 1 1/2 minutes or until mixture starts to set. Using a spatula, push set egg towards centre of pan, tilting pan to allow uncooked egg to run over base. Cook for 2 minutes or until eggs form creamy curds.
  5. Sprinkle with chopped fresh herb and crushed pink peppercorns if using. Serve immediately.

© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com






33 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy Angie, I love both scrambled eggs and mushrooms.
    Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...an interesting combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know those would have to be good, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I would deeply enjoy that breakfast or lunch, I do ever so love me scrambled eggs but never make them myself. I do not eat shrooms during summer, but now that rain came finally with the prelude of Autumn, I might do some button mushrooms again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous14/9/26 16:17

    So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous14/9/26 16:17

      -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

      Delete
  6. You’ve really whetted my appetite. Scrambled eggs with chanterelles like that are a real feast!
    They have a unique aroma and flavor. Thanks for the recipe! Best regards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me gustan ambos ingredientes mucho y juntos son aún más ricos. Receta excelente.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someone gifted me a large chantrelle they found on a morning walk. I was going to put it with eggs or in soup but I butter sauteed it and ate it all just that way. They're very delicious and so common here where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never had it but would try it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea, my mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a recipe I also have on my blog and it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am salivating at the mere thought of this one, Angie. I must look in the store for chanterelles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a real treat of a breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Divine! Eggs and mushrooms -- especially mushrooms like chanterelles -- are fabulous together. All this needs is a glass of white wine...

    ReplyDelete
  16. So simple yet delicious! Now I want chanterelles, Angie! Sadly, they’re hard to find here, and if you’re lucky enough to spot them, they cost an arm and a leg :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good cleaning suggestion for the mushrooms. This looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  18. Egg is the most versatile food we can ever have. Your scrambled egg looked so beautifully done. I like creamer, tender scramble.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is one of the 100 ways you can make eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not familiar with it but it does look good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That looks and sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks fabulous. Every time I see an egg dish I want some eggs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is everything that I love in a high protein meal: Scrambled eggs cooked to perfection and oh my with chanterelles (my favorite!) ~Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for this delicious recipe Angie. Looks incredibly yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a killer combination!!! That is my kind of breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great tip to salt the eggs about 10-minutes before cooking! I've been doing it for a year or so and boy does it make a lovely difference. I never thought to pair the eggs with Chanterelles, definitely going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. yum delicious! we love scrambled eggs and we love mushrooms so win/win!
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
  28. Scrambled eggs and mushrooms are such a perfect combo.😋

    ReplyDelete