© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
Zucchini fritters are a delicious and easy way to use up your summer squash excess. These crispy fritters are great as a light lunch, or a side dish. The spriralized zucchini soaks up the spices and fresh herb to give you a bite that is just bursting with flavour. Feel free to add your own twist by using your favourite spices and herbs. I served them with some greens, boiled eggs and a homemade hot sauce. But herby yoghurt, poached eggs or smoked salmon would work beautifully too.
| | |
- 50 g White spelt flour
- ½ tsp Ground turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds, toasted
- 1 Egg, whisked
- 50 ml Water
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- ½ tsp Freshly milled black pepper
- 1 Zucchini (220-250g), spiralized
- 1 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- ½ tbsp Ghee
- Greens, dressed with olive oil and lemon juice, to serve
- 2 Boiled eggs, to serve
- Hot sauce, to serve
|
- Tip the flour, turmeric, cumin seeds, egg, salt and pepper into a bowl, then whisk in water to create a batter that has a dropping consistency. Use a spiralizer to turn the zucchini into long thin noodles, then gently fold into the batter with parsley.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with ghee over a medium-high heat. Divide the batter into 4 and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden and puffed, then flip and repeat.
- Divide the fritters onto 2 plates, serve alongside dressed salad, boiled eggs and hot sauce.
© 2026 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com
Those look amazing and I just bought some zucchini, yum!
ReplyDeleteYummy-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteGracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteThat looks scrumptious
ReplyDeleteThey look fantastic.
ReplyDeleteI like that these are pan fried!
ReplyDeleteAngie, you already make me crave good food in the morning :))
ReplyDeleteThanks for the awesome recipe!!!
Looks good and I've made similar Angie.
ReplyDeleteAs an appetizer, I think that's a fantastic idea!
ReplyDeleteHello Angie,
ReplyDeleteThe fritters look tasty, thanks for sharing.
Take care, enjoy your day!
They look good and I have the Sriracha sauce ready to drizzle!
ReplyDelete...this is something to try!
ReplyDeleteI love zucchini fritters and your recipe is very similar to mine. I have a huge abundance of zucchini right now too.
ReplyDeleteThey’re so pretty! I usually make green fritters but my garden has given me problems this year - too much rain, which is usually a good thing.
ReplyDeleteYou find the best ways to make so many different foods. These fritters look so tasty. And I now have 3 zucchini in my garden. :)
ReplyDeleteI like fritters.
ReplyDeleteThis looks very good.
ReplyDeleteThese are beautiful! I love the idea of fritters as a side course, but I also can easily see these as an appetizer or part of a tapas spread. Adding to my long list of things I need to make!
ReplyDeletewow che buone!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, golden-brown, and surely crispy and delicious.
ReplyDeleteI make zucchini fritters, but I haven't added turmeric or cumin—and those spices definitely influence the flavor.
I’ll give it a try next time.
Warm regards!
That is a new spin on the traditional fritters which we make every week during summer.
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy! Many thanks for the recipe suggestion.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
These zucchini fritters look very appetizing. Thanks for the recipe! Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteAngie I love Zucchini fritters, especially for lunch, but I've never used spiralised zucchini, only grated. What a fab idea.
ReplyDeletelook great..... yummy
ReplyDeleteOj jak dawno nie robiłam placuszków z cukinii. A z żółtej to chyba ani razu nie robiłam. Przepis podkradam 😉
ReplyDeleteSpiralizing the zucchini before dipping in the batter is an unusual approach! I suppose you could also just use thinly-sliced zucchini as well? The sauce looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteLooks delicious.
ReplyDeleteI used to make the Italian zucchini fritters on the regular but I got out of the habit. We loved them. These look delicious too, a lot less flour in them than my recipe and these are pan fried which is a bonus too.
ReplyDeleteyummy😋
ReplyDeleteLove that these fritters are pan‑fried.
ReplyDeleteYumm! 😋
These look amazing. I can't wait to try this recipe
ReplyDeleteJulia x
https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/
This sounds delicious, Angie! I love zucchini fritters— this sounds like a great way to mix things up a bit with spices and spelt.
ReplyDeleteThese zucchini fritters look delicious, Angie! Crispy on the outside and tender inside - just the way I like them.
ReplyDelete