Sunday, June 22, 2014

Quinoa Chicken Salad with Lemon Balm Walnut Vinaigrette


http://schneiderchen.de | © 2014 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




http://schneiderchen.de | © 2014 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


A wholesome quinoa salad with chicken breast leftover, bell pepper, and arugula tossed with a lemon balm walnut vinaigrette. It is quick and easy to make and equally good warm or cold.

Lemon Balm VinaigretteSalad
  • 1 Small shallot, minced
  • 2 tbsp Lemon balm leaves, finely minced
  • 2 tbsp White wine vinegar
  • 1 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
  • 80 ml Walnut oil
  • Sea salt to taste
  • Black pepper to taste
  • 180 g Quinoa, soaked overnight
  • 180 ml Water
  • Sea salt
  • 180 g Chicken breast, cooked and diced
  • 1 Red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 handful Arugula leaves, chopped
  • Belgian endive to serve, optional
  1. Soak quinoa in plenty of fresh water overnight. When you are ready to cook the quinoa, strain the quinoa in a fine sieve and rinse well, until the water runs clear.
  2. Heat the water with a little sea salt in a medium saucepan. When the water comes to a boil, add in the soaked quinoa. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes. Stir and then leave uncovered for another 10 minutes.
  3. Mix all dressing ingredients except walnut oil together, then slowly blend in the oil. Mix well before serving.
  4. Place cooked quinoa, diced chicken breast, bell pepper and arugula in a salad bowl. Toss with the prepared vinaigrette. Serve over Belgian endive leaves if desired.

http://schneiderchen.de | © 2014 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com





http://schneiderchen.de | © 2014 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com

108 comments:

  1. Tasty, healthy and summery! A great salad.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant way to serve this salad! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the refreshing vinaigrette, and the yummy salad on the endive spears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this looks so fresh, send me this for lunch! I need to learn how to cook quinoa properly and you certainly master the art of cooking it to perfection. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really delicious - a perfect dinner - I have so much lemon balm growing in my garden so this is perfect!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous23/6/14 01:20

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this looks really elegant, Angie. Am loving all the ingredients in there. It feels fresh and light!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red Quinoa is really expensive here. I tried once at a party and love it but unfournately, my family didn't. :(

    Yours seriously look very appetizing, going to show to hub and see whether he will change his mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am putting on weight recently, I need some healthy salad seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually have lemon balm and it grows like crazy. Thanks for giving me something else to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Light, delicious and satisfying, Angie! Nice idea to serve it on the endive leaves...

    ela h.
    Gray Apron

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous23/6/14 08:26

    I love this recipe Angie. I will keep it to try in the summer.
    Have a beautiful week ahead.
    :-) Mandy xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your salad looks divine; I adore lemon balm smell!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the first picture.... so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an elegant and healthy chicken salad. More often than not, chicken is in most of our luncheon salads.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice, Angie. I love the presentation with endive.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like a delicious salad and I loved the way you presented it served on the endive leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks so good. It's interesting that you soak your quinoa overnight. I don't; I must buy some that is more processed or something.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the lemon balm and walnut oil in your salad vinaigrette - I'm sure it must be so fragrant!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an elegant salad! Pass me some please :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great photography! At first glance, even if I didn't know what it was made of, I would it eat in an instant, lol! Thanks for sharing!

    Julie
    Gourmet Getaways

    ReplyDelete
  22. So the trick to making good quinoa is soaking overnight? I'm going to have to try that because I've been able to making a tender quinoa yet. :) This is a great salad Angie and I especially love the dressing with the lemon balm. Perfect summer time meal!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that lemon vinaigrette. I think it is going to be the star of my saladas this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mmm... I need to have more healthy salad especially like yours :D Look refreshing and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous salad Angie! The lemon balm vinaigrette sounds so good and I love how you served this with the endive leaves - such a tasty and healthy meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Angie, this looks delicious and is tempting me to run out and buy a lemon balm plant for my garden. It would be a lovely addition!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your photos and I know I would love this meal!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ohhh this looks so good! I bet the lemon balm really does come through on this dressing. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  29. fantastic vinaigrette! i really like this, angie, it's a great way to eat quinoa!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow!! This looks so nourishing! Healthy and fresh! YUM! :) Great recipe!! Hope that you are having a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Protein-packed healthy salad!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really need to buy quinoa again! This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love how simple and easy this salad is - perfect for a summer weeknight meal!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I do enjoy a good quinoa salad, but your serving in endives really takes it up a notch.

    ReplyDelete
  36. That is one delicious vinaigrette Angie! I think I could drink it! The salad is so tempting and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your salad sounds amazing, Angie! I adore quinoa...and you've made it a meal!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sounds great; I love that you can enjoy it warm or cold.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh!This is awesome and refreshing! Love the lemon flavour...Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Super healthy chicken salad :D and very summery too :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. A meal on its own! I love these types of salads that have protein as well!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Angie, you make the most interesting salads :) Lovely presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  43. That looks healthy! I love quinoa and I saw the red one at the store. I'm thinking about buying some but the organic quinoa is expensive. Your dish must be yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Gorgeous salad, Angie. It looks so light and refreshing, and so beautifully colourful too. I would love to tuck into a big bowl of that for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Anonymous24/6/14 12:10

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  46. That is just beautiful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Anonymous24/6/14 19:19

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I never thought quinoa was that pretty but you make it look beautiful Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I think I must got to store and search for walnut oil this afternoon. Lemon balm sound very interesting and the quinoa salad looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a lovely dish and a complete meal in one bowl. I love quinoa, not only is it a super grain but you can create so many wonderful recipes with it. Thanks for sharing. I like your vinaigrette.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Anonymous25/6/14 01:51

    Yummy! So healthy and delicious--I love it! The vinaigrette sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I have to try this soaking method. Does it cook faster?

    ReplyDelete
  53. Sounds delicious and nice and healthy. I love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  54. This sounds like a delicious and filling salad, Angie. I am loving the healthy grains in salads too. I will have to see if I can still find a lemon balm plant to grow this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  55. love this healthy and low fat salad!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I've never heard of lemon balm leaves! I'm sure this salad is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Another beautiful salad, I made your sprouted chickpea one the other day and it was amazing. Another one for my list!

    ReplyDelete
  58. i can;t find black quinoa for the life of me! Your chicken salad and quinoa look divine, fresh and a perfect meal in itself!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Hi Angie,
    You make the prettiest salads! And it looks delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Lemon balm leaves look like mint? I have tons in my grandma's garden (mint), I should prepare this with bulgur. Thanks for the lovely summer recipes, so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. Anonymous25/6/14 20:29

    This is the sort of weekday dinner that we eat often! Lemon balm is in my garden so this is another way to use it up! Yummmm! Beautiufully presented too, Angie! x

    ReplyDelete
  62. Quinao is one of my favorite ingredients of all times. I need to start whipping some quinoa recipes soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  63. Never heard of lemon balm leaves before!! Quinoa based recipes are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Anonymous25/6/14 22:50

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Anonymous26/6/14 00:17

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  66. This is a refined, healthy and delicious dish. It is perfect at this time of year too. Beautiful food Angie as always!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Hi Angie, your salad and vinaigrette look so delightful. As usual very impressive presentation.

    Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.

    ReplyDelete
  68. What a beautiful salad, love your presentation it is stunning, also the lemon balm vinaigrette sounds drinkable.

    ReplyDelete
  69. I need to try quinoa, on my list this week! Luvin' that Lemon Balm Vinaigrette - a must try. So beautifully presented!!

    ReplyDelete
  70. I really don't think I could ever get sick of quinoa. I love it to death. This way of using it is really great and so fresh. I haven't had lemon balm since I was a little girl. I have to find some to plant in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  71. I love the red Quinoa. The salad must be very delicious with the lemon balm vinaigratte.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Anonymous26/6/14 18:53

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  73. I really love the Lemon Balm Vinaigrette you are using here, it could become a star in so many recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Angie you will be my go to person when it comes to healthy recipes :) I need to eat more quinoa.

    ReplyDelete
  75. The dressing sounds so good, love walnut oil.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Another gorgeous salad, love the soaked quinoa. And I have been on a crazy kaffir lime leaf kick, got to get my hands on lemon balm leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Delicious salad. I love quinoa.

    ReplyDelete
  78. I love quinoa in anything and this salad is no exception. It looks so yummy and I love the use of lemon balm!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Anonymous27/6/14 03:52

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Anonymous27/6/14 06:43

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Anonymous27/6/14 14:10

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  82. That vinaigrette sounds amazing! What a great idea and combination- have never thought to combine lemon balm and walnut.

    ReplyDelete
  83. I'm always in awe with your creative dressings/vinaigrettes, Angie :)

    ReplyDelete
  84. this looks great have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  85. Your salad looks amazing and refreshing. Love the way you serve them on endives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  86. What a great salad! I love the mix of quinoa and chicken. you just raised the bar on summer salads dearie :)

    chow! Devaki @ weavethousandflavors

    ReplyDelete
  87. Love this salad Angie! The vinaigrette is perfect! And what a super idea for serving and/or dipping the salad! A true winner!

    ReplyDelete
  88. une belle salade bien fraîche et joliment présentée bravo
    bon week-end

    ReplyDelete
  89. Lemon balm is one of the few herbs I don't have in the garden. I love the quinoa chicken salad!!!! Perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  90. Love this salad…sounds heavenly! The dressing sounds luscious with lemon balm and walnut oil.

    ReplyDelete
  91. I recently tried quinoa for the first time and loved it- this looks like a great way of cooking it! The dressing sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  92. I love quinoa! This looks delicious, healthy but so good as well!

    ReplyDelete
  93. The salad looks beautiful in endive leaves. Great for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  94. Love this salad, a perfect Summer salad. The vinaigrette sounds so refreshing! Hugs, Terra

    ReplyDelete
  95. This looks really tasty, thanks for sharing this recipe.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  96. That's what I love about the food you prepare. It's healthy, delicious and also looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  97. Anonymous14/7/14 19:04

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  98. Anonymous30/8/14 16:40

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  99. Anonymous5/9/16 15:52

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  100. Anonymous9/9/16 16:04

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  101. Anonymous18/9/16 13:44

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  102. Anonymous3/10/16 01:46

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  103. Anonymous3/10/16 05:04

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  104. Anonymous4/10/16 21:26

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  105. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  106. Anonymous8/12/16 22:12

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete