Search Angie's Recipes


Aubergine with Tahini Yoghurt and Zhoug


© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


Eggplants or aubergines are incredibly versatile and one of few vegetables that I can enjoy without having stomach issues. This warm Middle Eastern eggplant salad on a bed of tahini-yoghurt is great with roasted meat or poultry, especially if they are beautifully charred. Zhoug is a popular Middle Eastern condiment made with fresh cilantro, jalapeños, cumin and garlic. Instead of this spicy cilantro-based sauce, you can also drizzle the roasted eggplants with a little pomegranate molasses. The tahini yoghurt and zhoug can be prepared one day ahead.

 
  • 700 g Aubergines, sliced into thick slices
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 3-4 tbsp Olive oil
  • Zhoug / Hot Green Sauce
  • 1 tsp Sesame seeds, toasted
  • 1 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
  • 250 g 10% Full fat Greek yoghurt
  • 4 tbsp Tahini
  • Juice of one lemon
  • 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
  • Sea salt
  1. Cut the aubergine into 3cm thick slices. Brush the olive oil over flesh and skin of eggplant, and sprinkle the flesh evenly with salt.
  2. Mix together the yoghurt, tahini, lemon juice and crushed garlic cloves. Finish off with a sprinkle of salt.
  3. Heat a grill pan until hot. Add the aubergine to the grill pan and cook for 6-8 minutes per side until tender and charred.
  4. To serve, swirl the tahini yoghurt on serving plates, add on aubergine and drizzle with Zhoug. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and pomegranate seeds.

© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




38 comments:

Tom 23/10/22 23:12

...Angie, you create such colorful recipes.

[Reply]
DEZMOND 23/10/22 23:27

I think I would hate Zhoug given what is in it, but your ichibans are so lovely caramelised!

[Reply]
foodtravelandwine 24/10/22 00:46

This dish is one of my favorites!....I love aubergines in every dish!!........Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 24/10/22 01:39

That sure does look interesting!

[Reply]
J.P. Alexander 24/10/22 02:24

Se ve muy rico, gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Rainbow Evening 24/10/22 02:38

aww... beautiful... and sound tasteful...

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 24/10/22 07:55

Soy gran aficionada a la berenjena, las preparo de cantidad de formas distintas, por eso tu receta me interesa, ese relleno me parece muy bueno, quitando el cilantro que no me gusta, lo demás es perfecto.
Besos

[Reply]
Nancy Chan 24/10/22 09:26

I love aubergine. Looks delicious.

[Reply]
Lovely 24/10/22 11:19

Oh wow! This looks delish. I need to try this.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

[Reply]
roentare 24/10/22 11:38

I love eggplants. They are so hard to season though. Yours look so dazzling!

[Reply]
eileeninmd 24/10/22 11:41

Hello,
I love eggplants too, this recipe looks delicious. Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

[Reply]
Anonymous 24/10/22 13:08

What a beautiful dip, I just love the colours! My dear nephew was recently diagnosed with moderate to severe colitis, I wonder if auberine is ok for him to eat too.
Éva http://kitcheninspirations.wordpress.com/

[Reply]
Hena Tayeb 24/10/22 16:19

Looks great. Such a beautiful presentation.

[Reply]
thepaintedapron.com 24/10/22 16:30

What a beautiful dish Angie, it would be perfect served at Christmas with all that red and green!

[Reply]
speedy70 24/10/22 18:12

Deliziose queste melanzane!!!!

[Reply]
Bill 24/10/22 20:19

I love aubergines and that looks like a very tasty meal.

[Reply]
Anonymous 24/10/22 22:22

When I see an elegant, satisfying, delicious dish like this, it makes me realize I could be a vegetarian! This whole plate looks divine, Angie!

[Reply]
Noa 25/10/22 00:26

¡Me ha encantado tu receta! Sin duda tengo que probarla. A mí las verduras son los únicos alimentos que al igual que a ti, no me hacen daño.

Te mando un fuerte abrazo, ¡me encanta tu blog!
Noa

[Reply]
Sherry's Pickings 25/10/22 03:25

fabulous photos angie! I love eggplant, and the flavours here sound so tasty.

[Reply]
Rose world 25/10/22 06:38

Beautiful and colourful. I wonder what is zhoug.

[Reply]
Królowa Karo 25/10/22 09:21

Looks very tasty! I love your photos!

[Reply]
Ron 25/10/22 11:19

Zhoug is addictive on anything, but it must be fantastic on this dish...

[Reply]
David 25/10/22 18:17

Angi, Beautiful presentation as usual! However, neither my wife or I enjoy eggplant... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

[Reply]
Pam 25/10/22 19:15

Great combination of flavors and textures.

[Reply]
The Velvet Runway 25/10/22 19:35

This looks delicious and so beautifully presented
Julia x

[Reply]
Ben | Havocinthekitchen 25/10/22 20:13

Eggplant and tahini go so well together. So tasty and such a stunning the presentation!

[Reply]
DeniseinVA 25/10/22 23:21

I know from the ingredients that this must taste delicious, but I love how you present your dishes Angie. They are truly works of art!

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 25/10/22 23:52

This dish looks particularly good!

[Reply]
Valentina 27/10/22 04:38

I love the caramelization of the eggplant slices, and I can only imagine how amazing it is with yogurt and the hot sauce. And like all of your dishes, it's so pretty! :-) ~Valentina

[Reply]
tigerfish 28/10/22 01:54

You also make one of the most interesting sauces and dips! The eggplants are happy to be so well-dressed ;)

[Reply]
Noob Cook 31/10/22 06:35

You made the most exquisite cuisine like fresh out of a fine-dining restaurant :)

[Reply]
Anonymous 31/10/22 17:59

This recipe is right up my street. I've only been able to eat aubergine in recent years, so I still feel I have lots to learn.

Choclette x

[Reply]
Sherry's Pickings 2/11/22 08:25

i love eggplant and i love that blue plate!

[Reply]
The-FoodTrotter 3/11/22 22:48

That's funny I just discovered the existence of zhoug today! Your dish looks mouthwatering :o

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top