Search Angie's Recipes


Snow Peas with Butter and Pine Nuts


© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com




© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


This recipe is as simple as it is delicious. Unlike more rounded and puffier sugar snap peas, the pods of snow peas are flatter with tiny peas inside, making them ideal for fast stirfrying. The simple combination of butter and lemon zest really transforms this side dish into something really special. Although optional, the toasted pine nuts add a wonderful nutty crunch.

 
  • 500 g Fresh snow peas, trimmed
  • 1 tsp Sea salt
  • 2-3 tbsp Butter
  • 1 Organic lemon, zested
  • 50 g Pine nuts, toasted
  • Freshly milled black pepper
  1. Break off the stem end of each pea and pull the string away from the pod. Rinse well.
  2. Fill a medium saucepan with about 1.5-2 liters water and salt. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the snow peas and let the water return to a boil. Boil the snow peas for 20-30 seconds, drain immediately and place in ice cold water.
  3. Place the pine nuts in a dry skillet and set over medium heat. Stir frequently, until the pine nuts are aromatic and lightly golden in color, about 3 minutes.
  4. Melt the butter in a skillet over the medium heat. When the butter begins to sizzle, add the drained snow peas. Turn off the heat. Add the lemon zest and toasted pine nuts.
  5. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy.

© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com



© 2022 | http://angiesrecipes.blogspot.com


36 comments:

foodtravelandwine 26/9/22 01:29

I love snow peas too!!....delicious!.....Abrazotes, Marcela

[Reply]
J.P. Alexander 26/9/22 02:10

Gracias por la receta. Lo tendré en cuenta. Te mando un beso.

[Reply]
Margaret D 26/9/22 06:13

Sounds nice and looks inviting.

[Reply]
Nancy Chan 26/9/22 07:02

I love these crunchy snow peas.

[Reply]
Lola Martínez 26/9/22 07:54

Los tirabeques no los consumo, pero sí las judías verdes e igualmente esta rica y sencilla receta se puede hacer con ellos.
Bss

[Reply]
roentare 26/9/22 09:55

This is clearly a longevity diet you are creating!

[Reply]
Anonymous 26/9/22 10:51

After seeing this, I'm truly hungry! My wife and I love snow peas! The only thing is, I'm not sure if I can eat them any longer, seeing I no longer have teeth. But I can tell you this, I'd sure give it a try!

[Reply]
Maria Grazia Ferrarazzo Maineri 26/9/22 12:22

So delicious and tasty, Angie. A precious recipe, as always.

[Reply]
Anonymous 26/9/22 12:31

Hi Angie, thanks for this delicious, crunchy veggie recipe. Bernadette, newclassicrecipe.com

[Reply]
DEZMOND 26/9/22 13:39

Never had me a snow pea but I think I would love it! I bought some chard today for lunch and finally some mandarines LOL It is also the season of Meyer lemons which I despise from the bottom of my soul, so I will have withdrawal symptoms without the regular lemons in shops.

[Reply]
thepaintedapron.com 26/9/22 14:43

I love snow peas, this sounds perfect!

[Reply]
Kitchen Riffs 26/9/22 16:07

This looks terrific! This would make a great side, or we'd probably serve it as a first course. Good stuff -- thanks.

[Reply]
Julie 26/9/22 16:31

Looks delicious and refreshing salad, pine nuts would add an extra crunch to the salad :)

[Reply]
Rainbow Evening 26/9/22 18:47

love peas, ....
We didn't consume snow peas for long time.
Thank you for sharing recipe

[Reply]
Anonymous 26/9/22 18:53

Sometimes a simple recipe is the best and allows us to really taste the snow peas and the pine nuts! Sounds delicious. It's Judee

[Reply]
Bill 26/9/22 19:58

Sounds great and I just got sme snow peas at the market a few days ago.

[Reply]
Chef Mimi 26/9/22 22:37

Absolutely beautiful! I always love your photos. Great dish - pine nuts are fabulous!

[Reply]
Brian's Home Blog 26/9/22 23:42

Yes, that does look fantastic!

[Reply]
yessykan 27/9/22 03:46

¡Hi!
This recipe came at a perfect time. I love easy and delicious side dishes like this one. Thanks for sharing!

[Reply]
Assia 27/9/22 05:45

So delicious and beautiful plate

[Reply]
Emma Loabez 27/9/22 13:18

It seems to me a very easy and delicious proposal. I'm al dente vegetables. Thank you.
Happy week. Kisses.

[Reply]
Rose world 27/9/22 13:56

I like eating snow peas. Yes, they are much flatter and thinner, compared to other pea pod. Stir fry with garlic, they are crunchy and nice to eat. I bet yours also good too, I can imagine the buttery taste of it.

[Reply]
Pam 27/9/22 19:50

What a tasty combination of flavors. Yum!

[Reply]
speedy70 27/9/22 21:00

Quanro mi piacciono così cucinati, deliziosi!!!!

[Reply]
DeniseinVA 27/9/22 22:13

Yay, I have pine nuts! I know what I am going to make next. Thank you so much Angie. A very pretty presentation as always.

[Reply]
Cooking Julia 27/9/22 23:24

It's such a simple dish but so tasteful!

[Reply]
bread&salt 28/9/22 20:46

I havent tried crunchy snow peas before but looks so healthy and tasty.

[Reply]
My name is Erika. 30/9/22 01:33

I haven't had snow peas in long long time. Boy those look delicious. hugs-Erika

[Reply]
Anonymous 2/10/22 23:52

Simply delicious :)

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

[Reply]
Raymund 6/10/22 02:24

At first I though the peas was raw but was quickly blanched. The colours are so vibrant, definitely a lot of nice textures in this salad

[Reply]
tigerfish 11/10/22 23:49

Love this simple snow pea prep with butter , lemon, pine nuts, S&P

[Reply]


As always, any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you may have are welcome and greatly appreciated. Please remember to use the "Name/Url" when commenting rather than linking to your profile page for more exposure!

Add to Google

Angie

Angie's Recipes

Angie's Recipes is an interactive blog dedicated to sharing yummy & creative recipes, helpful cooking hints and tips. Enjoy your visit and spread the word!


If you enjoy my recipes and want to support me, THANKS!

Friends

Join Us

angiesrecipes
skip to top

skip to top