These white chocolate truffles with beetroot powder, which need only a few ingredients and very easy to make, are decadent, sweet, smooth and creamy. They are a wonderful after-dinner treat with a rich espresso shot and will also make the perfect gift.
- Place almond milk and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook until the coconut oil is melted and well combined with almond milk. Now stir int beetroot powder until well combined.
- Place the chopped white chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a pot of simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Stir chocolate occasionally as it softens. When you have just a few small unmelted chunks, remove bowl from heat (residual heat will melt the rest).
- Now stir in the beetroot mixture until well combined. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until pliable but firm enough to scoop.
- Place coconut flakes in a bowl. Working quickly roll a teaspoon of truffle mixture into a ball and gently roll with coconut flakes until evenly coated.