Found this recipe on Ricardo Cuisine, but I tweaked it a bit using what I have on hand and making it even healthier with ground whole-grain einkorn, oat bran, banana, coconut oil and liquid stevia. This makes a good snack, breakfast, or even dessert with a chocolate glaze or lemon icing.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease a small loaf pan (21cmx10cm) and line with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the wholegrain einkorn flour, oatbran, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, liquid stevia, mashed bananas, egg and melted coconut oil with a whisk.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until the flour is just moistened. Set aside 1tbsp of raisins for garnish and add the remaining ones to the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with the reserved raisins and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean. Let cool completely before unmoulding. Slice and serve.