An easy blueberry crumb cake, bursting with soft and sweet blueberries, and a cinnamon-flavored streusel, is great for a picnic, brunch or for afternoon tea with friends.
Blueberry Spelt Crumble Cakeadapted from taste
|Crumble Topping||Cake Batter|
- Preheat oven 180C/350F. Grease and line base of a 20cm round springform pan with baking paper.
- For the topping, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Use your fingertips to rub until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Whisk together the spelt flour, ground hazelnuts, baking soda and baking powder.
- Beat butter, stevia powder and coconut sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, lemon rind and juice. Gradually add flour mixture and buttermilk, alternating. Mix until well combined.
- Spread two-thirds of the batter into prepared pan. Top with one-third of the blueberries and one-third of the crumble mix. Top with remaining batter, smoothing the top, then top with remaining blueberries and crumble.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before transferring to a serving plate.