These sinfully delicious and decadent double chocolate muffins with cream cheese coconut filling are bursting with flavour and will surely please chocolate lovers. They are naturally gluten free thanks to the ground naked oats and coconut, and refined sugar-free with an optional chocolate glaze.
Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins with Cream Cheese Coconut Filling
adapted from das Kochbuch
- Combine all the ingredients for the filling in a bowl and shape the mixture into 15 balls. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line your muffin pans with 15 paper liners and set aside.
- Sift together the ground oats, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder. Melt dark chocolate over a hot-water bath. Cream together butter and stevia. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Now stir in melted chocolate and yoghurt. Add the dry ingredients into the yoghurt mixture. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Fill each paper liner with 1 tablespoon of muffin batter, then add each with one coconut ball, and cover with 1/2 tablespoon of batter. Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Place sifted powdered sugar, cocoa powder, butter and milk over a hot-water bath. Stil until smooth and well combined.
- Spread the muffins with chocolate glaze and sprinkle with desiccated coconut.