Prepared with a blend of bread and rye flours, honey flavoured carrot juice, freshly grated carrots and rye sourdough and multi-seeds have added more flavour and crunch to this healthy yeast bread that I adapted from Brot-Bernd Armbrust
©angiesrecipes . It is perfect for brunch or as an afternoon snack.
- Place seeds in a bowl and pour in the boiling water. Leave the mixture aside for 2 hours until all the water has been absorbed.
- Peel and roughly grate the carrots. Fill a pan with carrot juice, season with a pinch of salt and black pepper, then bring it to a boil. Add in grated carrots and bring it again to a boil. Remove from the heat and allow it to rest for 2 hours.
- Strain out the grated carrots through a sieve over a bowl and reserve the juice. Heat up the carrot juice to about 38C/100F. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and dissolove fresh yeast and sourdough with the juice. Add in soaked seeds, bread flour, rye flour and salt. Stir at slow speed for 4 minutes, then increase the speed and mix for a 6 more minutes. At the last minute, stir in grated carrots. Cover with a kitchen towel and rest for 20 minutes at room temperaure.
- Grease a large or two smaller loaf pans or line with parchment paper. Scrape the dough into the prepared pan. Cover and rest for another 20 minutes.
- Fill a baking tray with some water and place it at the bottom of the oven. Preheat the oven to 230C/450F. Once the oven has reached the desired temperature, remove the water. Place the bread in the middle of the hot oven and lower the temperature to 210C/410F. Bake the bread for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.