A perfect party starter, these salmon fritters are coated with batter and deep fried until crisp and golden brown. They are best eaten fresh out of the oil while they're still hot and crisp.
I have substituted a few ingredients as I don't happen to have them on hand. Please do visit I Just Love My Apron for the authentic and original recipe.
- Beat eggs, milk, fish sauce and lime juice in a mixing bowl until everything is incorporated. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, white pepper, red curry powder and lime zest.
- Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Stir until just incorporated. Add in drained green peas, tinned and fresh salmons to the batter. Stir until well combined.
- Add oil to a saucepan and heat it up to 190C/375F. Line a baking tray with paper. Preheat your oven to 100C/210F.
- Drop by tablespoon into hot deep oil. Don't overcrowd. Once they are nicely brown, remove from the pan and keep warm in the oven and repeat the process until you have finished the batter.
- Sprinkle the fried fritters with salt and cayenne pepper. Use same oil to fry fresh celery leaves until crispy. Place the fritters on a platter and top with celery leaves. Serve salmon fritters hot accompanied with preferred yogurt dressing.